President Arroyo dead | How Manila Bulletin killed President Gloria Arroyo

This controversial picture has been doing the rounds online today (this has been shared and re-shared through Facebook and blogs) but just in case you didn’t get to see this, here’s one major faux pas courtesy of broadsheet Manila Bulletin. Manila Bulletin “killed” President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo! What do you think of this and what do you think will happen to the section editor of Manila Bulletin? Check out the photo found in this entry.

Notice the caption: “With utmost care. Military honor guard carefully moves the coffin of President Arroyo out of the Manila Cathedral.”

The controversial Manila Bulletin photo was published in the early edition, page 20. However, I was told that the section containing the picture was promptly removed from the newspaper sets distributed in Visayas and Mindanao.

Ever since I spotted and shared this photo online, a lot of people have expressed their opinions. Some found it absolutely hilarious, some found it sad while some found it mere human error on the part of the Manila Bulletin section editor. I wonder if the section editor will get the boot or will he or she just be reprimanded?

Like this post? Let's stay connected :) Please subscribe by email HERE

Let's talk here:

Twitter Instagram Facebook Google Plus Snapchat

Mindanaoan Irene

Mindanaoan is a multi-awarded blogger, social media strategist, publicist, Google Business Group - Women lead organizer, avid traveler and a proud relief operations volunteer. She is also a regular resource person for social media and blogging related conferences/workshops here and abroad. In 2012, Mindanaoan also completed a US Gov't. Department of State-sponsored International Visitor Leadership Program for emerging global leaders. She toured the U.S. for about a month for her IVLP experience. She is the founder of a bloggers group and social media club. She is also an active member of several online media, bloggers and social media enthusiasts groups all over the world. Mindanaoan is available for work and travel. Contact Mindanaoan at

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Ai says:

I think the editor is not reviewing it and whoever typed it is used to the word…
    I’m sure, President Arroyo is sad to see it but she will forgive such act and will not dwell on it too much – for me, this should be the mature way of handling it.

Rest in peace to President Cory Aquino, we will continue to pray for her –

2. livingstain says:

BASTOS, napakawalang galang ng Manila Bulletin, mag ingat naman kayo, sinasadya ngyo ba to?
    .-= livingstain´s last blog ..Para Sa Prinsesa Ng Pamilya =-.

3. Woohoo! says:

I Love Manila Bulletin!

4. Niña says:

It’s an honest mistake i guess, but communications to be published in public should be carefully checked and reviewed. Lalo na yan ang pinag-uusapan sa ngayon. The event is still very sultry. Come to the fact that most of the Filipino are reading it. Well, it depends on what would be PGMA’s reaction to this column then..

5. nic says:

haha.. typo error lang yan.. no big deal.. i mean, tao lang po ung editor ng Manila Bulletin.. though it’s not a good thing kasi iisipin ng iba pinatay nga siya.. but the fact is.. alam naman natin sino nasa kabaong diba.. si former Pres. Corazon Aquino, ang Ina ng Demokrasya..

6. Frankie Javier says:

I’d buy him a round of Heineken, or give him a raise,hehe. May his caption come true. I don’t read that paper,but could this be his way of avenging the killings of his fellow journalists by GMA’s thugs? Well,people read the Bulletin only for it’s classifieds anyway,so I don’t think it’s such a big deal. But it is funny,in a morbid manner.

7. I think its a typographical error. Its true. Tao lang at nagkakamali din.

8. Raz Zar says:

Absolutely hilarious! I remember when I first read it, I laughed so hard something came out of my nose. I can’t wait for it to come true. God bless Manila Bulletin! lmao.

9. cutie says:

bastos kayo

10. cutie says:

this cory aquino not gloria arroyo