SM Lanang Premier Davao City
So who else is excited for the much-awaited opening of SM Lanang Premier? It seems everyone in Davao City is looking forward to the opening of SM Lanang Premier, a mall that’s supposed to have a total land area of 100,000 square meters. Reports say that SM Lanang Premier Davao City will have 4 storeys and, true to its name, will feature “premier” brands, stores, facilities and amenities.
How “premier,” you ask?
SM Lanang Davao will boast of:
1. The Skygarden – this will be at the front part of the mall and will have restaurants amid a garden
2. The Park – a strip of restaurants at the back of the mall
3. 5 digital theaters, 1 SM Center Stage and 1 IMAX cinema
4. SM Bowling Center and Science Discovery Center (I was able to check out the Science Discovery Center in SM Mall of Asia with the first ASEAN astronaut, Datu Sheikh Muszaphar. You have to read that article, by the way! It’s worth your time 🙂 )
5. SMX Convention Center
There will also be a hotel a few steps away from the mall. The hotel, Park Inn by Carlton, will be run by Radisson Blu.
Yep, SM Lanang Premier will be a first class mall, I think.
Actually, it’s not just the regular customers who seem to be curious with this soon-to-open mall in Davao. Environmentalists are, too. You see, the folks behind SM Lanang Premier Davao City claim that it will have Davao City’s first rain catchment system minimizing storm water peak flow, surface run-off and siltation. This Davao City mall is also said to utilize recycled water for its cooling tower as well as for toilet flushing. I must say, if this recycled water bit is true, then it can set good, “green” standards for other malls.
So who’s excited for the opening of SM Lanang Premier?
* photos from SM Lanang Premier FB