How to renew your Philippine passport at DFA Centrio CDO

A couple of things have changed since I last renewed my Philippine passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Cagayan de Oro. Apart from the fact that DFA CDO has now transferred from Limketkai Center to Ayala Centrio Mall, there isn’t any need to call their office for an appointment anymore, there are now lesser requirements and lesser wait time. Allow me to share with you my experience on how to renew your passport at DFA Centrio CDO.

Centrio Mall is located at Corrales Avenue corner CM Recto Avenue. Please scroll down for a MAP and helpful travel instructions. DFA CDO Centrio is located at the 3rd Floor.

Office hours: Monday to Friday – 10 AM to 7 PM. I also have below some recommended hotels/inns to stay in for passport applicants who live outside CDO πŸ™‚

dfa-centrio-cdo

General requirements (e-passport or biometrics passport renewal):

– Personal appearance
– Passport application form (you can get one at the door or you can download the form HERE)
– Most recent expiring or expired passport
– Valid picture IDs and supporting documents to prove identity (I brought my Voter’s ID and BIR TIN card)
– Photocopies of your valid picture IDs and the FIRST and the LAST pages of your expiring or expired passport (I availed of photocopying services at National Bookstore, located at the Ground Floor of the mall. There’s also a photocopy service at DFA)

There is NO NEED to bring a passport sized photo since your biometrics and photo will be taken at DFA.

Helpful tips: Wear a collared shirt or blouse, DO NOT wear colored contact lenses and take off your earrings. These are required before they take your photo.

Step 1: Once you have your requirements ready, ask for your priority number from the security guard. This priority number will be stapled to your application form. Proceed to the PROCESSING area, which is on your RIGHT. Be mindful of the TV screen where priority numbers and the corresponding counter numbers are.

Step 2: When your number is called, proceed to the counter and show the DFA personnel your requirements. Again, please make sure that you have photocopies of your IDs and passport.

Step 3: Proceed to the CASHIER. Pay Php 950.00 (this is for regular/normal processing – express processing IS NOT available as of the moment). You will see a SIGN at the cashier telling you when you will receive your passport. In my case, I have to wait 30 working days.

Step 4: Once you have your official receipt, go to the ENCODING area. This is where your biometrics and photo will be taken. You will also be asked to provide an e-signature (the DFA personnel will instruct you).

Step 5: You’re done! Now you have the option to either have your e-passport DELIVERED by courier or you can come back on the releasing date indicated on your receipt. As you can see on the photo I took below, the RELEASING area is just nearby πŸ™‚

Now, for those who want to have their renewed passports delivered via courier – just approach the LBC booth located inside the DFA office. Payment is Php 120.00. Your passport will be delivered within 2 days max after the releasing date indicated on your receipt. By the way, LBC will need the official receipt issued by DFA.

For follow-ups: LBC DFA Centrio CDO’s number is 0929 238 8817

dfa-centrio-cdo

Additional requirements:

For Brown Passport or passports issued prior to May 1, 1995:

– Bring the original brown passport and photocopy of passport pages 1, 2, 3, 4, and last page
– Birth certificate in Security Paper issued by the National Statistics Office or Certified True Copy of the birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar and duly authenticated by NSO, to determine complete middle name. Transcribed Birth Certificate from the LCR is required when entries in NSO Birth Certificate are blurred or unreadable.
– Report of Birth duly authenticated by NSO if born abroad

Green Passport or passports issued after May 1, 1995:

– Bring original green passport and photocopy of first and last page of passport

Machine Readable Passport (MRP) issued in the year 2007:

– Bring original passport and photocopy of first and last page of passport
– Birth certificate
– Old cancelled passport may also be presented in the absence of an NSO Birth Certificate

Electronic Passport (E-passport): Bring original e-passport and photocopy of first (data page) and last page of passport

There are also additional instructions and/or requirements for Muslim applicants, minors, married women, spouse of foreign nationals etc. You can find those HERE.Β  dfa-centrio-cdo

If you live outside of Cagayan de Oro and you need a place to stay, I recommend these: (you can confirm your booking online even without a credit card)

Seda Hotel Centrio (this is just adjacent to the mall)
Limketkai Luxe Hotel (just a few minutes away from Centrio)
Tune Hotel (budget hotel with FREE wifi, about 10 minutes by foot to Centrio)
WinMin Transient Inn (located at the Agora Bus Terminal, has affordable rooms for 3)

You can also search for other affordable CDO hotels here:

Note: If you want to renew your passport in other DFA offices, you may want to read my previous post on how to renew your Philippine passport (and get an e-passport)

Map of CDO (with Centrio Mall as highlight):

If you want to RENT A VANΒ (which you can use within and outside CDO), please CONTACT ME for very friendly prices. You get an airconditioned van complete with TV screens, surround sound plus a cooler should you need it πŸ™‚

Thank you for reading and please feel free to share this πŸ™‚ Daghang salamat for supporting this humble blog!

Like this post? Let's stay connected :) Please subscribe by email HERE or let's talk here: Twitter Instagram Facebook Google Plus Snapchat

Mindanaoan Irene

Mindanaoan is a multi-awarded blogger, social media strategist, publicist, Google Business Group - Women lead organizer, avid traveler and a proud relief operations volunteer. She is also a regular resource person for social media and blogging related conferences/workshops here and abroad. In 2012, Mindanaoan also completed a US Gov't. Department of State-sponsored International Visitor Leadership Program for emerging global leaders. She toured the U.S. for about a month for her IVLP experience. She is the founder of a bloggers group and social media club. She is also an active member of several online media, bloggers and social media enthusiasts groups all over the world. Mindanaoan is available for work and travel. Contact Mindanaoan at mindanaoan@gmail.com

52 Responses

1. Jekjek says:

Hello. Just want to ask. Can I already proceed with the processing right away without setting an appointment? Thank you.

2. Farida says:

Can I receive my new passport without my payment slip which I lost it? Thank you!

3. karen pepito says:

I read later in your post that there is an additional requirement of nso birth certificate. is this necessary for passport renewal, the nso birth certificate?

4. gary says:

tanong ko lang po kung pwede na ba ang philhealth gagamitin na I.D?

5. Sam Yu says:

Hi! Is express processing already available in DFA CDO? If yes, how many days after will I be able to get my passport?

P.S. Im a new passport applicant. Thanks! πŸ™‚

6. Hannah says:

Hi, do you know the requirements for new applicants? And can I get an application form first prior to the day that i will apply for a passport? πŸ™‚

7. jonel says:

aabot po ba ng 1 month ang hihintayin kahit rush yong passport na inaplayan?

8. Kyrel says:

Can i ask the no of lbc cdo,i’ve saw a # can’t be reach…tn

9. Kathleen says:

Thanks for this helpful guide. Glad to hear that it was already transferred in Centrio. I would like to ask how long does it take to renew a passport ? Is it the same when you apply or not?

10. Ben says:

I would like to ask if valid parin ba po yung LCR ko na old yr 2014 sya inissue..

11. Fasluna says:

Magrerenew sana ako ngayong end of may kasi november ma eexpired na passport ko e kailangan kung magtravel.tanong ko lang po ilang araw ba yung pinakamadaling makuha ang passport??pahelp naman??

12. Marc says:

My passport is still valid until 31 Jan. 2018 but only 4 pages remaining. I need to renew because I am OFW to travel to many countries. Is the processing shorten say 15 days? or how long?

13. tina says:

hellow po,, ask ko lng po if yung EXPRESS 21 days, is it 21 working days po? or 21 days including sabado at linggo , counted,? salamat po,

14. lakshi says:

hello po..magtatanong lang po sana ako..after po sa encoding tapos na po ba?hindi napo ako pumunta sa releasing area, ok lang po ba yun? kasi gsto ko po e.padeliver lang kaya dumiritso nlng po ako sa LBC booth nila..
    maraming salamat po

15. nicolas says:

hello po, tanong ko lang po kung anong oras po ang advisable na dapat andun ka na sa DFA CDO? dapat ba sobrang aga akong pupunta dun?

16. Brandelle L. Caliao says:

hello good day,,ask ko lang po kung bakit hindi pa narerelease yung renew passport ko,noong may 14,2016 pa ako pumunta doon tapos yung releasing date is may 27, 2016 bali ten days lang working period kasi nag bayad po ako ng 1200 for expidite processing and then nagbayad po ako ng 150 sa lbc para sa delivery.Until now wla pang dumating palagi kong pinupuntahan yung branch ng lbc dito sa amin sabi wla pa.Supposedly may 30 meron na..I want to know kung bakit naging ganito yung service ng DFA CDO, need na talaga ko po yung passport ko kasi may hinahabol po akung skedule.,i hope na marelease na yung passport asap…

• Florecel Costo says:

Ask ko lng if na receive nba yung passport mo? Sa akn kasi til now wla pa nag 2 mos na dapat july 12 ko mkuha.thanks

17. rashyd bacarat says:

Ask ko lang po sa dfa cdo no need na po ba mag pa appointment? Kc dito ncr kaylangan pa para sa renewal at ang pinaka early is sa agust pa which is kaylangan ko na maka flight.

18. salwa says:

hi. good morning poh. pwede ba ma release yung passport with in 10days rush poh. plss rply asap kc may flight kami sa july 15…

19. alfredo vanguardia, jr says:

maam ask ko lang po if naa bay authentication o red ribbon diha sa dfa centrio mall kay diha nalang ko mag transact. thanks

20. Florecel Costo says:

Yung passport ko na renew noong june 13 at ma release ng july 12 hut until now hindi ko pa na receive.pwdi po hingi ng number n pwding matanongan sa dfa kung ano b ang ngyari? Pls help me po, thanks

21. jan says:

hello hindi ba sya open sa saturday jng dfa???

22. juvielyn says:

hello po,mg,ask lng po ako f pwd ko bang magmit ang postal id,nso birth,comelect certificte,police clearance,barangay clearance,sa pgrenew q ng xpired at nawawala kung pasport kasi eto lng ang merun ako,nakakuha na po ako ng police report at sa attorney

23. lei says:

Hello po. I’ll be visiting CDO this saturday for a night tour and am thinking of renewing my passport there with a scheduled appointment. I need it to be renewed ASAP. Does it take a whole day to process everything or can a couple of hours will do fine??? thank you…..

24. ziya says:

Hi I have a question. I just had my passport renewed yesterday and I was told to present my old passport upon claiming my new one. I was just wondering kung ngano wala nabuslutan akong old passport ? Is it normal?thank you!:)

• Hi Ziya! Totally okay since the new passport has the more preferred style now – being machine readable. The old one will automatically be considered void. By the way, I suggest that you still bring the old passport whenever you travel especially if naay stamps πŸ™‚

25. kim says:

Tanong lang, pwidi mag renew kapag 10 months more for expire? Thanks,

26. mitzel says:

as to this date.. just want to make sure if no need na ba ang appoinment sa Renewal of passport sa DFA CDO? thank you.

27. mam good day,ask,ko lang po,need ko PA po vah magpa appointment, bago pumunta sa dfa.firstime ko PA kasi mam,kumuha ng passport.

28. lyn says:

hi po bago lng poh ako ng apply nang passport sa dfa in cdo.reales date po ay dec 15 ngbyad po ako nang 1200 at sa lbc.bkit until now d n ko na recieve passport ko ngpunta na po sa lbc kaso wla pa dw,need ko na kc passport pra visa ko..tnx poh wla din akong contact sa dfa sa cdo

29. Carmel Jeffrey Jul T. PENAFLOR says:

pdi ko mangayo og contact number sa dfa cagayan…

30. rens says:

Good day po!
    Ask lang po ako, pwde po bang e present ang alumni i.d bilang valid id?

31. Lady Lyn says:

Hi! Good day i just wanna ask if my sister or any of my relatives could get my Passport.. It is supposedly release Last year December 2 then I got a message from DFA that releasing of passport scheduled December 2 will be delay. I am from Gingoog City pman gud then wala pa ko kbalik og Cagayan.. If pwede , Authorization or Special Power of Attorney ang e present?..

Thank You..

32. amorcielo hoplo says:

Good Day, OFW ko from Saudi mo bakasyon ko this Month march 2017 for 1 month lang and my passport will expire this coming september so less 6months siya. If mag pa renew ko pwede nako makuha less than a Month? para makaapas ko sa ako flight. Please reply..

33. Fe says:

Good afternoon po xpire na po ung passport ko year 2008 po na issue so ibig sabihin po kelangan ko Lang photo copy ng old passport ko at birth cirtificate ko?

34. cherry rose says:

Hi Sir/Maam,

Need help.. I already fill up the online appointment but the problem I enter a wrong email address.

35. mary,Clair says:

Hello sir ask ko,lang,po,ang,passport,ko,ay mag,expired,na,ngayong,june,2017 pero,nasa,USA ako,,, kung,sakali,po,uuwi,ako,then,,sa,CDO,ako,mag,renew,ok,lang,ba while,ang,old,passport,ko,,ay,,nag,apply,ako,sa Zamboanga city? thank,you,po,and,God,bless,