How to renew your Philippine passport at DFA Centrio CDO
A couple of things have changed since I last renewed my Philippine passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Cagayan de Oro. Apart from the fact that DFA CDO has now transferred from Limketkai Center to Ayala Centrio Mall, there isn’t any need to call their office for an appointment anymore, there are now lesser requirements and lesser wait time. Allow me to share with you my experience on how to renew your passport at DFA Centrio CDO.
Centrio Mall is located at Corrales Avenue corner CM Recto Avenue. Please scroll down for a MAP and helpful travel instructions. DFA CDO Centrio is located at the 3rd Floor.
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 10 AM to 7 PM. I also have below some recommended hotels/inns to stay in for passport applicants who live outside CDO 🙂
General requirements (e-passport or biometrics passport renewal):
– Personal appearance
– Passport application form (you can get one at the door or you can download the form HERE)
– Most recent expiring or expired passport
– Valid picture IDs and supporting documents to prove identity (I brought my Voter’s ID and BIR TIN card)
– Photocopies of your valid picture IDs and the FIRST and the LAST pages of your expiring or expired passport (I availed of photocopying services at National Bookstore, located at the Ground Floor of the mall. There’s also a photocopy service at DFA)
There is NO NEED to bring a passport sized photo since your biometrics and photo will be taken at DFA.
Helpful tips: Wear a collared shirt or blouse, DO NOT wear colored contact lenses and take off your earrings. These are required before they take your photo.
Step 1: Once you have your requirements ready, ask for your priority number from the security guard. This priority number will be stapled to your application form. Proceed to the PROCESSING area, which is on your RIGHT. Be mindful of the TV screen where priority numbers and the corresponding counter numbers are.
Step 2: When your number is called, proceed to the counter and show the DFA personnel your requirements. Again, please make sure that you have photocopies of your IDs and passport.
Step 3: Proceed to the CASHIER. Pay Php 950.00 (this is for regular/normal processing – express processing IS NOT available as of the moment). You will see a SIGN at the cashier telling you when you will receive your passport. In my case, I have to wait 30 working days.
Step 4: Once you have your official receipt, go to the ENCODING area. This is where your biometrics and photo will be taken. You will also be asked to provide an e-signature (the DFA personnel will instruct you).
Step 5: You’re done! Now you have the option to either have your e-passport DELIVERED by courier or you can come back on the releasing date indicated on your receipt. As you can see on the photo I took below, the RELEASING area is just nearby 🙂
Now, for those who want to have their renewed passports delivered via courier – just approach the LBC booth located inside the DFA office. Payment is Php 120.00. Your passport will be delivered within 2 days max after the releasing date indicated on your receipt. By the way, LBC will need the official receipt issued by DFA.
For follow-ups: LBC DFA Centrio CDO’s number is 0929 238 8817
For Brown Passport or passports issued prior to May 1, 1995:
– Bring the original brown passport and photocopy of passport pages 1, 2, 3, 4, and last page
– Birth certificate in Security Paper issued by the National Statistics Office or Certified True Copy of the birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar and duly authenticated by NSO, to determine complete middle name. Transcribed Birth Certificate from the LCR is required when entries in NSO Birth Certificate are blurred or unreadable.
– Report of Birth duly authenticated by NSO if born abroad
Green Passport or passports issued after May 1, 1995:
– Bring original green passport and photocopy of first and last page of passport
Machine Readable Passport (MRP) issued in the year 2007:
– Bring original passport and photocopy of first and last page of passport
– Birth certificate
– Old cancelled passport may also be presented in the absence of an NSO Birth Certificate
Electronic Passport (E-passport): Bring original e-passport and photocopy of first (data page) and last page of passport
There are also additional instructions and/or requirements for Muslim applicants, minors, married women, spouse of foreign nationals etc. You can find those HERE.
If you live outside of Cagayan de Oro and you need a place to stay, I recommend these: (you can confirm your booking online even without a credit card)
Seda Hotel Centrio (this is just adjacent to the mall)
Limketkai Luxe Hotel (just a few minutes away from Centrio)
Tune Hotel (budget hotel with FREE wifi, about 10 minutes by foot to Centrio)
WinMin Transient Inn (located at the Agora Bus Terminal, has affordable rooms for 3)
You can also search for other affordable CDO hotels here:
Note: If you want to renew your passport in other DFA offices, you may want to read my previous post on how to renew your Philippine passport (and get an e-passport)
Map of CDO (with Centrio Mall as highlight):
If you want to RENT A VAN (which you can use within and outside CDO), please CONTACT ME for very friendly prices. You get an airconditioned van complete with TV screens, surround sound plus a cooler should you need it 🙂
Thank you for reading and please feel free to share this 🙂 Daghang salamat for supporting this humble blog!